These new Bible versions are always “correcting” the KJV and will hinder people from simply trusting God’s Word and His ability to preserve it for us today.
They even changed Psalms 12:6-7 where God promised to preserve HIS WORDS! Hmmm?
Psalms 12:6-7 KJV: “The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.”
Psalms 12:6-7 NIV: “And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times. You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked,”
64,000 words have gone MISSING in the NIV including the one and only mention of the name “Lucifer” – which astonishingly has been substituted by “morning star” a name Jesus called Himself in Revelations 22:16: “I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.”
MISSING: The one and only mention of “Calvary.”
MISSING: All three mentions of “Godhead.”
MISSING: All six occurrences of “New Testament.”
The following verses are all completely MISSING from the NIV:
Matthew 18:11: “For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.”
Matthew 11:26: “Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.”
Matthew 17:21: “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.”
Matthew 23:14: “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.”
Mark 7:16: “If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.”
Mark 11:26: “But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
Mark 15:28: “And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.”
Mark 16:9-20: “Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept. And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.”
Luke 4:4: “And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”
Luke 17:36: “Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.”
Luke 23:17: “For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.”
John 1:5-7: “And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.”
John 5:4: For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
Acts 8:37: “And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”
Acts 24:7: “But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,”
Acts 28:29: “And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.”
Romans 16:24: “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.”
1 John 5:7: “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
This is a very important verse in the Bible. It is the only statement in the Bible on the triune nature of God. It obviously ought not to have been removed. It looks as if it is there, but only because part of the next verse 1 John 5:8 KJV has been made into verse 7 in the NIV.
1 John 5:8 KJV: “And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one” has been made into:
1 John 5:7 NIV: “For there are three that testify (bear witness).”
1 John 5:8 NIV: “the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.”]
Many positives have been CHANGED into negatives, and negatives into positives, such as:
In Isaiah 9:3, the KJV says: “Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy.”
The NIV says: “You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy.”
As well as ‘not translating’ TENS OF THOUSANDS of words, the NIV adds many TENS OF THOUSANDS more. Take a look at some of the many articles on the internet which give details, word for word.
Still not sure?
TAKE THE NIV QUIZ [by Rex L. Cobb]
Instructions: Using an NIV Bible, answer the following questions.
The answer must be taken from the NIV Bible not from memory, and not from footnotes (footnotes are not the Bible) but from the text.
1. Fill in the missing words in Matthew 5:44. “Love your enemies, ________ them that curse you, _____________ to them that hate you, and pray for them that __________ and persecute you.”
2. According to Matthew 17:21, what two things are required to cast out this type of devil?
3. According to Matthew 18:11, why did Jesus come to earth?
4. According to Matthew 27:2, what was Pilate’s first name?
5. In Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the prophet. Copy what the prophet said in Matthew 27:35 from the NIV.
6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out devils and to:
7. According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?
8. According to Luke 7:28, what was John? (teacher, prophet, carpenter, etc.). What is his title or last name?
9. In Luke 9:55, what did the disciples not know?
10. In Luke 9:56, what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?
11. In Luke 22:14, how many apostles were with Jesus?
12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
14. John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse (as Jesus spoke), where is the Son of man?
15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
16. In John 7:50, what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
17. In Acts 8:37, what is the one requirement for baptism?
18. What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
19. Write the name of the man mentioned in Acts 15:34.
20. Study Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jew have done with Paul? What was the chief captain’s name? What did the chief captain command?
21. Copy Romans 16:24 word for word from the NIV.
22. First Timothy 3:16 is perhaps the greatest verse in the New Testament concerning the deity of Christ. In this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
23. In the second part of First Peter 4:14, how do [they] speak of Christ? And, what do we Christians do?
24. Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in First John 5:7?
25. Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of this verse Jesus said, “I am the A _____ and O _____, the _____ and the _____:”
Conclusion: Little space is provided for your answers, but it’s much more than needed.
If you followed the instructions above, you not only failed the test, you receive a big goose egg.
So now what do you think of your “accurate, easy-to-understand, up-to-date Bible?”
If these 25 questions haven’t served to show you that the NIV is a very inferior Bible, based on a very inferior Greek text, write me and I’ll make up another quiz with 25 more questions, or 250, if you wish; but you will still flunk the test.
If you would like to improve your score, and in fact score 100%, you can take this test using the Authorized (King James) Bible.
This is something too important to ignore.